Saturday, August 18, 2012

Coming Into My Own

I feel so at home in vintage or vintage-inspired clothing.  I, like most people, went through various personal styles whilst growing up...several of them which I would like to forget, but are unfortunately immortalized in photographs and high school yearbooks.  But now that I'm in my mid-20s, I am really starting to come into my own and I feel as if I am finding my true self.







I've always been an old-fashioned girl when it came to life, so it's rather fitting that my wardrobe reflects my personality.  I'm often told that I look like various old Hollywood stars like Rita Hayworth and Katherine Hepburn.  To me, those are the greatest compliments.  Those women were glamorous and such great beauties.  I really enjoy when people recognize and compliment my love for vintage fashion.  They tell me it looks like I stepped out of time.  But I don't feel as if I am ever wearing a costume.  It all just feels very natural and normal for me.


 Outfit Details:
vintage dress, belt, sunnies, vintage bracelet {thrifted}
wedge sandals {payless}
vintage ring {great-grandmother's engagement ring from 1920}

I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it.  I was even more excited when I saw that it was actually my size.  Most of the vintage dresses I find are too big for me- but I just belt them and then they usually look great.  This is the perfect summer dress.  It's very lightweight (though I had to wear a slip underneath) and the pastel colors are a lovely touch for a day out in the sun.  It just makes me want to frolic in a field.

 Want to see what photos didn't make the blog?  Head over to Facebook to view the outtakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment