Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Halo for Harley

As many of you may know by now, we lost our beloved Golden Retriever, Harley, on Saturday.  For more about what happened, read this post.

Harley was one of a kind, which I'm sure you could say about all pets.  He was loving, loyal, unselfish, generous, just the best companion anyone could have ever asked for.  Even though he was truly my mum's dog, he and I still had a special bond.  He was my ginger twin.  When I still lived at home, he would come into my bedroom for comfort during thunderstorms.  From now on, every time there is a storm, it will make me think of him and how he would seek comfort with me.

It's never easy to lose a loved one.  Someone who has been there and has seen you at your best and worst and loved you no matter what.  It's going to be a hard road ahead, trying to get over this horrible bump in the path.  Harley may be gone physically, but he will always be with us in spirit and in our hearts.  It makes me nervous for the future, all of our pets are getting older...

Relaxing after a swim in his younger days.

Mum and her best friend.
Treat time!
Tasha and Harley, friends until the end.  It's sad they are both gone.

Harley and Cocoa.  She was my baby, but she passed away last year.

Tucker and Harley.  Best buds and brothers.  Tucker is lost without him.

Time to go for a hike with Mummy!

But where are you going to sit...?

Enjoying a bone.

In his element.  Harley loved nature.

Who could resist that face?

Doggy sitting and giving treats.

Now this is my kind of afternoon...

I love you!

Man, I could get used to this Christmas thing...
Taking my ginger twin for a walk.
Hanging out with Tucker.

Surrounded by love on his last day.
Cuddling with Harley.
Thirsty?

I will miss that chubby paw.

Mummy's boy until the end.

The best companion.

Harley Davidson
16 February 2001 - 22 September 2012

I will miss your beautiful eyes.  I will miss your kisses.  I will miss your hugs.  I will miss celebrating our birthdays together.  I will miss seeing you tear open presents.  I will miss your bark.  I will miss your unselfishness.  I will miss your loyalty.  I will miss your silent comfort.  I will miss your companionship.  I will miss your unconditional love.  I will miss you.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, Kristi I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost two pets now and my heart goes out to you!! Also, thank you so much for your comment on my blog, as for your question?! Our dog is half Poodle & American Eskimo. xo V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate it! It is a horrible thing to lose a pet. Now I found out that my very first pet that was all mine, Midnight, has cancer. She is almost 18, so I know she has lived a long, full life- but it's still not easy. Your dog is so adorable! A lovey mix.

      xoxo Kristi

      Delete