Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Orange You Glad I'm Finally Wearing Tangerine

So I know I'm a bit behind on wearing the 'it' colour of the season, and that this particular season is nigh to its end.  In my defense, I purchased this dress months ago, and actually wore it a couple of times.  But this is its debut on the blog.  Who says gingers cannot wear these colours?  You've just got to find the right shade that works for your hair colour, skin tone, etc.








 




 

Outfit Details:
dress, belt, vintage earrings {thrifted}
wedge shoes {payless}
handbag {yard sale, Maine}
Tiffany and Co. bracelet, Claddagh ring {gifted}

Even though the dress, in and of itself, is a vibrant colour, I didn't want to go completely neutral with my accessories.  I kept the belt and shoes neutral so as to not overwhelm the look, but with my handbag I wanted an extra pop of colour.  So I brought out the bag that I got at a yard sale whilst on holiday in Maine.  I like the fact that it's large enough to hold the essentials I would need for the day and that I can also tuck in the strap to use it as a clutch.

I must say, these might be my favourite photos thus far that I have taken myself.  I do believe I am starting to get the hang of setting the timer and then running into the shot.  It wasn't easy at first, especially in heels.  And I felt a bit ridiculous in the beginning.  I still feel a bit silly if there are people in the vicinity, but I'm definitely getting better at the self portrait.

I am beyond excited for Celtic Thunder tomorrow.  It's my first time seeing them, as I might have said, and I am sure they will live up to my expectations.  I have been listening to them nonstop all week, especially Voyage, to increase the anticipation of the day.  I'll definitely try to post a few photos via my Instagram at the show.  The seats aren't incredible, but it will still be a delight to see them perform in person.









Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to my Facebook for a look-see.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you finally have a blog! Your style is SO adorable, and if we were neighbors I'd be constantly stealing your clothes. ;)That dress is gorgeous, and I love the mint bag with it!
    Haha, self-timed pictures can be such a challenge sometimes, but also so fun!
    Cant' wait to see what you have in store next!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristina! That's so sweet of you to say. I love your style as well. And as I've said in the past, yours was the first blog I started following. That would be grand if we were neighbors. I believe we have a bunch in common besides our awesome sense of style.

      Delete