Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Red Suede Shoes

Sorry I've been absent for a few days.  I had good intentions of updating all week but I've been feeling under the weather and it's getting worse.  I just feel so lethargic that I can't be bothered to do anything.  I have to make myself just get out of bed and get ready for work-no fun.  But I feel bad not posting anything, even though I'm not sure how many of you read this regularly.
























 

The moment I saw these shoes, I fell in love.  They're just so unique looking.  They remind me of something from the Victorian era.  The only bad part...after frolicking taking photos, my feet were killing me.  Oh well, fashion over function and all that.

The whole outfit was thrifted!  The skirt I found at a thrift shop when I was on holiday in Maine.  The bracelet, earrings, and necklace were my paternal grandmother's.  The ring, of course, was my maternal great-grandmother's engagement ring from 1920.  I was over the moon when my Mum gave it to me last year.  It's so special to have a piece like that.





Outfit Details:
vintage blouse, skirt, belt, vintage shoes, vintage handbag {thrifted}
vintage earrings, vintage necklace, vintage bracelet {paternal grandmother's}
1920 engagement ring {maternal great-grandmother's}

Having the jewelry from my paternal grandmother means the world to me.  She passed away 21 years ago this month, when I was only 5.  I don't remember much about her so it's really special to have a piece of her with me.  Do you have any special family pieces that you adore?

Want to see what photos didn't make it up on the blog?  Head over to Facebook to see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment