Friday, October 19, 2012

Forties Fever

I almost always dress vintage on my days off.  But the day I wore this outfit, for some reason, I felt like going completely all out.  I put the hat on; I did a back roll and pin curls in my hair; I wore gloves; I had on thigh high back seam stockings and a garter belt; I wore a vintage slip underneath the dress...  Like I said, all out.  I don't know what it was about that day, but the urge just came over me.






 

 


 

 


Outfit Details:
vintage dress, belt, handbag {thrifted}
vintage hat, vintage gloves {antique fair}
oxford pumps {target}
vintage jewelry {my grandmother's}
back seam thigh high stockings {ebay}

I think now that we are transitioning into cooler days here in Pennsylvania, that I might go all out a bit more just with the layering.  I'm going to be wearing stockings and hats more.  Then once it becomes even cooler, I'll break out the gloves.  I only have a few pairs of vintage gloves that are thick enough for the colder weather; the rest are just the thinner ones that won't help keep out the bite of coldness.  I must acquire a few more pairs for the Winter months ahead.

I did finally purchase three pairs of thicker stockings as well: heather grey, navy, and black.  The navy and black are even the cable knit sweater kind- exactly what I wanted!  Now I just want to find an oatmeal colour and I think I'll be set for the sweater kind.  But I do also want to get opaque tights in various bright colours; the only pair I have now is a sort of rust colour which is perfect for Autumn.

What are staple pieces that you must have for your Fall and Winter wardrobes?









Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment