Sunday, October 14, 2012

My (Past Two) Week(s) According to Instagram

I am so, so, so sorry for being a very bad blogger.  But in my defense, I had (still have) a horrible sinus infection.  So here is what happened in my life the past two weeks; though most of it is from two weeks ago and not this previous week.

My mum and I went to New York City for a day trip as it is only three hours away from us.  We had a lovely day strolling through Central Park and just enjoying the perfect weather.  I finally got to see the Alice in Wonderland statue.  It was really special because that's one of those stories from childhood that stick in your memory.

It was another hard week because after losing our dear Golden, we had to put down my kitty, Midnight.  She was the very first pet I ever had.  It was very hard to say goodbye to her.  She was a part of my life for almost 18 years.  That's over half of my life that she was in it.  I had good intentions on doing a post for her like I did for Harley, and I still would like to do one even though it's been a few weeks since she's passed.

My mum's cousins came down to visit from Maine last weekend.  Karen stayed with my mum and Kathy stayed with me.  It was wonderful having them around and the place seems a bit empty now that it's just me and Smudger again.  When they arrived Saturday we just hung around my mum's house.  Kathy had brought down a box of old family photographs and other neat things.  There was this amazing old records book that a family member kept of all the transactions he made from the 1800's.  It was beautifully bound in leather with yellowed pages and curvy quill ink script.  It was the neatest thing I ever held in my hands.  When you close your eyes and take a big whiff, you can smell the crackling fire it must have been written next to and almost imagine yourself back in that time.

Sunday we went to the Renaissance Faire.  I have loved that place ever since I first went there on a school trip.  I'm very thankful to have it so locally to me.  Kathy went with us last year when she visited but this was Karen's first trip down.  We dressed up in period costumes and had a blast (despite the cold and rain).  Then enter me getting sick from the dampness and the rain.  No fun.

1. Overlooking a lake in Central Park.
2. A gorgeous old bridge in Central Park.
3. Alice in Wonderland in Central Park.
4. Imagine Circle in Strawberry Fields (you guessed it, in Central Park.

5. Loving the new season of Once Upon a Time.
6. A hot air balloon on the way home from New York.
7. 1963 Barbie case from the side of the road!
8. Rainy days mean headscarves.

9. I wish nowadays were as glamorous as this photo.
10. Holding my kitty for one last time.
11. Saying goodbye to my beloved Midnight.
12. Girl crushing on Christina Hendricks.

13. The oh-so-lovely Rita Hayworth.
14. Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White.
15. Outfit photos in the rain are no fun.
16. The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.

 17. A gorgeous frock for sale at the Faire.
18. Dalek + TARDIS = best souvenirs ever.
19. Waiting for the Mud Squad to start.
20. Vintage-inspired nails and reading Sookie.

I've been off of work all week and got some good use out of my telly and DVR.  I ended up having to go to an urgent care place today because on top of the sinus infection, I had severe chest pain.  I thought maybe it was pneumonia.  Good news/bad news.  It wasn't pneumonia, I just still have a very bad sinus infections.  My chest is so congested that that is the reason it hurts whilst I breathe.  And the fluid in my ears isn't draining correctly, which causes me to be lightheaded, dizzy, and off balance.  Again, no fun.

The only good thing about being off again, is that tonight is the season premiere of The Walking Dead.  You may not get it just looking at me, but I am a big zombie geek.  I love all things horror and I've been a faithful fan of The Walking Dead since it first aired.  It's definitely one of the best zombie related things I've seen.  Another thing about me: zombies and I are in a love/hate relationship.  I love them but they hate me.  I get the most horrific, intense, realistic zombie nightmares.  I wake up in a sweat, scared out of my mind.  Now when I tell people this, they tell me, "Don't watch it then!"  Well, this happens even when I haven't watched anything and don't have them even on the back burner in my mind.  So you know what?  If it's going to happen regardless, I'm going to watch and enjoy!

Is there anything in your life like that?  Where you like something so much but it has bad repercussions?


No comments:

Post a Comment