Monday, January 7, 2013

Coffee Shop Chic

This is what I wore to a (sort of) blind date at Starbucks a couple of months ago.  That's how far behind I am in posting.  It was some day in October.  What do I mean by sort of blind date?  Well I met someone I was talking to on Plenty of Fish.  I thought the date went well and he reiterated that, until I never heard from him.  Isn't that always how it ends?  Suffice to say, I'm taking a break from online dating for awhile.  It's all just so contrived and I really wish to meet someone in an organic way.  It hasn't happened in the past 26 years, but it must be in my future somewhere.  I'm just hoping it's my near future.












Outfit Details:
vintage skirt {maternal grandmother}
vintage jacket, vintage handbag, cardigan, belt {thrifted}
vintage thigh high back seam stockings {flea market}
shirt, ruby and diamond ring {used to be my mum's}
wedges {eBay}
earrings, bracelets {Mess Of A Dreamer Design}

 Have you had any dating disasters?  Have you tried online dating?  Has it worked out for you?









Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for the extras.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that coat and those shoes together. You look gorgeous!
    I've never had any dating disasters (the pro of only having dated one man), but I've heard a lot of people dislike the results of online dating.
    I hope you meet someone organically who is perfect for you, because I've always thought that was the nicest and best way to go. :) But y'know, that's just me.
    So out of curiosity, do you ever tell your dates that you have a fashion blog? Thankfully Mr. Owl knew I had a blog before our first date so I didn't have to explain that. I always feel awkward telling people I have a fashion blog, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky! You two seem so perfect together; I'm so happy for you. I really wish I could meet someone organically but it hasn't happened yet and I'll be turning 27 next month. I know that's not super old, but I'd really at least like to be making some headway on settling down...

      I haven't really dated much since I started the blog. I think he was the first one I dated since I did and I believe I told him about it when we were still talking online. I sort of abandoned the online thing for awhile and haven't been on it in a couple months. It is a bit awkward telling people. Sometimes they just look at you like you have two heads. You met Mr. Owl through church didn't you?

      Delete