Friday, February 1, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

So here we are at the beginning of February.  The first of the month always makes me think of this silly little thing I learned on Nickelodeon when I was younger.  If the first thing you say on the first of each month is "rabbit, rabbit", then you will have good luck for the rest of the month.  It hasn't worked for me ever, but every time a new month rolls around, it still springs to mind.

This dress is really special to me because my mum made it in school in the 1960s.  She made it in middle school, and the crazy thing is that it fits.  The sleeves are a little snug on my arms but it's great beyond that.





























Outfit Details:
vintage 1960s dress {made by my mum}
vintage coat, cardigan, shoes, handbag, belt {thrifted}
knit stockings, gloves {target}
Cinderella necklace {walmart}

I adore this Cinderella necklace that I got on sale for $5.  It's the perfect combination of cuteness and whimsy.  Cinderella isn't my Disney princess, but it's still a sweet touch for a Disney girl who's all grown up.

This weekend is the Super Bowl.  I'm by no means a football fan but it is always fun to watch the half time show and of course the commercials.  The Puppy Bowl is an adorable alternative for the non-football freak.  What are your plans for the weekend?  Any parties or family affairs you're attending for the big game?








Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a gander.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had clothes from my mom when she was in middle school! All she has is a (really cute) orange blouse she made, but it doesn't quite fit me. Oh, well.
    I love your dress and cardigan! And that Cinderella necklace is so pretty; Cinderella isn't my favorite princess, either, but I do love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky and thankful that I have the couple items that I do. I like Cinderella but Belle and Ariel are my favourite princesses. I thought the necklace was too cute to pass up.

      Delete