Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Itching for Spring

So what did everyone think of the Oscars?  Or if you were like me, Sunday's The Walking Dead?  Hello, Team Daryl.  I can't believe it's been a couple weeks since posting an outfit photo!  What's gotten into me?  Well, the good thing is, that my backlog will hopefully last until the weather warms up enough to take outfit photos again.  I could just take them but I'd like to show more than just my jacket.  It's been far too cold (and especially windy) to take photos sans coat.






















Yesterday was a really beautiful day.  It was the first sign that Spring is on its way.  It was still a bit cool obviously because it's still February.  But the sun was shining and the temperature was in the high 40s.  When it's lovely out it just puts me in a good mood.  Especially after it being cold for so long.

This green ring with matching necklace belonged to my paternal grandmother.  I adore all the jewelry that was passed down to me.  The neat thing about the pendant is that it can also be worn as a brooch.  I love the way the sun hit the two photos below!



I am getting so excited for sandals and summer dresses!  I've acquired some pieces through the cold months that I've just been itching to get a chance to wear.  There are several dresses that are sleeveless.  Two are floor-length, one with a lace neckline!  I have also gotten some peep-toe shoes that I want to wear, and my sandal wedges want to come out and play again.


 Outfit Details:
vintage skirt, camisole, cardigan, belt {thrifted}
vintage jewelry {paternal grandmother}
tights {target}
shoes {Baker's, gift}

Here's hoping within the next few weeks I'll be able to test out my new camera and tripod!  Goodbye precariously balanced stool and typewriter lid!  Now all I need to get is a remote and taking selfies will be a breeze.









Want to see what photos didn't make the blog?  Head over to Facebook for the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Yay I finally started following you on blogspot! I love this outfit and the amazing house behind you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for following! I love the house here too. It's taken at the Conrad Weiser Homestead in Womelsdorf, PA. There are such gorgeous stone buildings there. It's my favourite spot to take photos.

      Delete