Friday, February 8, 2013

Nicking a Nurse's Cape


So today is the day of this big storm hitting the east coast.  Thankfully I'm a little further south, and it's mostly New England that's getting hammered.  It hasn't even started snowing here yet...

This was an interesting photoshoot.  I was photo-bombed by a random dog in multiple photos, which I'm sharing one of below.  And then said dog's owner decided to watch me take photos of myself, which is beyond awkward.  It would be one thing if I had a tripod and a remote, but I don't.  I have the lid to my 1960s typewriter that sits on top of a stool with the camera on top of the lid.  Then I set the timer setting on the camera, run into the frame, and strike a pose.  It's not something I like to do with onlookers, but with no choice, I rocked it.  Thankfully I was left in some peace for the very end of the photos, and then booked it out of there.

 






 










Outfit Details:
vintage 1940s nurse's cape, vintage dress, vintage hat, shoes, belt, bracelet {thrifted}
vintage handbag, ring {gifted}
vintage earrings {maternal grandmother}

I am very excited I finally got a chance to wear the 1940s nurse's cape.  It's technically my mum's cape that she bought at last year's WWII Weekend, but I have since adopted it since she doesn't wear it and only bought it at the event because of being cold.  So now it's "mine"...at least for now.  It's a navy wool with red silk lining and so warm!  The only bad part is it's hair attraction.  Oh well.

Do you have any items of clothing that you have "adopted", "stolen", or "borrowed" from a friend or family member?








Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a look-see.

No comments:

Post a Comment