Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Style Crush: Charlotte "Chuck" Charles

Sorry this post isn't coming out at it's normal time in the morning.  But at least I am getting this out on my newly titled Style Crush Wednesday!  This week I am featuring fictional character Charlotte "Chuck" Charles from the short-lived cult hit Pushing Daisies.

From IMDB: "A pie-maker, with the power to bring dead people back to life, solves murder mysteries with his alive-again childhood sweetheart, a cynical private investigator, and a lovesick waitress."  The show stars the puppy dog adorable Lee Pace as Ned the Piemaker, Anna Friel as the stylish Chuck, Kristin Chenoweth as Olive, and Chi McBride as Emerson.



I especially love that Chuck stays true to her vintage heart and wears lovely lingerie underneath her ultra feminine outfits.  There's just something so sexy to me about the older style undergarments like the ones above.  The lace ruffle on the panties is especially cute!  I'd love to get a set like these someday.



Anna Friel is so lovely as Chuck.  She is the type of girl that you'd want to become best friends with and also raid her incredible closet!  Above is an outfit someone compiled to replicate Chuck's awesome fashion sense.



Chuck tends to stick mostly with fashion from the 1950s-1960s and pulls it off effortlessly.  Sometimes it's not easy to wear a headscarf and vintage sunglasses along with vintage clothes without looking like wearing a costume.  And even though technically the actress is, it doesn't seem this way on this sweet show.



She has the most beautiful floral dresses.  Chuck definitely has an incredible closet!  The shoes, hats, and sunglasses are all to die for.  It just shows that a woman can be beautiful and sexy without wearing a skintight super short outfit.  To me, this is classy and it's so much more attractive.  The dress below is sooo beautiful!  I love the muted colours, the print, and the cut.



Here is another outfit inspired by the character.  I think it resembles her style perfectly.  It shows off all the best parts about being a woman.  Besides having great clothing and accessories, her hair always looks lovely.  Whether it's in an updo or down with tousled waves, it suits her.  It's one thing to have a great closet, but it's the accessories, hair, and makeup that ties the whole look together.

 

































To quote my friend Kristi at Eccentric Owl, "It's my goal to dress like Chuck from Pushing Daisies."  Mine too!  Besides Chuck's beautiful clothing, and Lee Pace being super dreamy, this is an amazing show.  So cleverly written and entertaining.  Sadly it was cut off in the middle of it's second season.  But I still highly recommend watching it regardless!

Do you have a style crush on a fictional character?


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love her style <3

    And I lika your blog too!

    Hugs n kisses Em(retroaktivist on instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! Isn't her style just divine? Besides having the handsome Lee Pace to look at, I adored seeing what Chuck would wear each episode. Thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  2. She is just the best! I realize that Chuck isn't a real person, but whoever styled that character is a genius! The colors are always so vibrant and gorgeous. I really hope this show comes back......someday.

    xoxo,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Chuck were real! She would be a great friend to swap clothes with. But I agree, she was styled flawlessly. I really hope it comes back too. That would be incredible. They should tie up loose ends in a film like they did with Firefly/Serendipity.

      Delete