Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In Which the Wind Ruins My Hair

This past weekend had incredible weather.  It was in the 50s for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Now today of course to make up for that, it is dreary and rainy.  Oh well.  At least it was a taste of what's to come with spring on its way.



I know I said on the last outfit post that that was one of my favourite outfits.  Well, this is certainly another one.  This skirt has always been a love of mine, but it's the culmination of all the components.  The shoes, (thrifted vintage Salvatore Ferragamo!) have always quickly found a way to my heart.



I'm finally caught up on series three of Downton Abbey.  It only took me until now and renting it from the library.  I missed watching it every Sunday because Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead are a higher priority for me.  I really love this show and immersing myself into a different time.  And it's always so interesting to see the contrast between the upstairs and downstairs.





I've had this vintage navy velvet hat for quite some time but never wore it.  Well now the poor hat finally had it's time out in the world.  I always ending wearing the same few hats over and over.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to start wearing the others and also continue to ad to my collection.























Outfit Details:
vintage sweater, vintage brooch {grandmother's}
vintage shoes, vintage hat, vintage skirt, belt {thrifted}
tights {target}
cameo bracelet {handmade}

My hair was looking much nicer this day when I left the house.  If you couldn't tell from my skirt billowing about, it was rather windy when I took the photos.  My poor hair went from pretty and curly to falling and fluffy.  This happens though.  I still love the whole look even with the crazy hair.


2 comments:

  1. I love such simple outfits - its a great representation of how to wear vintage without looking costume-y! Your hair looks super luscious! You look great great great!

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Nora! Sometimes vintage can look costumey. But I like to believe that even when I go all out and wear the hats and everything that I can pull it off with confidence. But it does ooze effortlessness with simple outfits.

      Delete