Monday, March 18, 2013

Lá Fhéile Pádraig

I hope everyone had a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day!  I spent mine as I said I would.  Started the morning off with church, went to my mum's a couple hours to have lunch before she had to study, and then kicked back watching both Boondock Saints films.  Even though I'm not a big drinker (so much for the Irish stereotype, huh?) I did have a wee shot of Bailey's.




I was a little disappointed my Norman Reedus marathon didn't continue as planned with The Walking Dead, since he didn't appear once in last night's episode.  Oh well.  The warehouse scene was pretty intense.  I'm just nervous for the last two episodes because something big is sure to happen.




In a funny sort of way to further the Irishness into today, I watched The Town for the first time.  I didn't really even think about it being set in Irish Boston when I put it in, but it's rather fitting.  Then whilst editing the photos, I watched a Celtic Thunder DVD.  Why not?  One simply does not stop being Irish just because it's no longer the 17th of March.




I went for the very obvious green theme whilst dressing yesterday.  I know the shade of green the shoes are don't really match too well but I didn't care.  I tried to then tie the look together with black accessories.  I got to wear my grandmother's vintage shamrock brooch and I made a wee bouquet with a couple other brooches.




My hair didn't turn out as planned.  I had tried a new way of putting the hot rollers in.  But in the end, it turned out rather well I think.  I really liked the two rolls around my face.  I, of course, had to pin back my hair to show off my shamrock tattoo behind my ear.























Outfit Details:
vintage blouse, vintage brooches, vintage jacket, vintage gloves {maternal grandmother/paternal grandmother}
vintage skirt, vintage handbag, vintage hat, belt {thrifted}
shoes {payless}
claddagh ring, green bracelet {gifts}
shamrock charm bracelet {handmade}

They're calling for another cold day with snow and a wintery mix.  I'll definitely be spending it curled up on the couch with a blanket and Smudger whilst watching the telly.  I'm ready for spring to fully move in.  I froze my bum off taking these photos yesterday.  The warm weather definitely won't be rolling in this week at all though it seems.  Here's hoping for next week.

So, what did you do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?









Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a peek.

4 comments:

  1. I love the two colors of green together! I think the black accessories really help pull them together and they don't look unmatched at all!
    Oh, man, The Walking Dead is getting SO intense lately! We've been playing a little catch-up since we don't have TV, and I can barely take two episodes in a row! Goodness. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I love the mint top and the skirt together but was a little uncertain of the shoes I agree with the black tying it together. The Walking Dead! I can't believe there's only two episodes left. And you know they are going to leave it at a major cliff hanger. Especially with them going to war and all. Apparently 27 people are going to die...not to be mean, but hopefully it's mostly Woodbury people.

      Delete
  2. Wow stunning coat and outfit!
    I am glad to see it bigger (it is too small on isntagram :D). Mint is one of my favorite colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagram is great but not always the best for viewing things properly. Mint is a great colour and mint chip is my favourite ice cream flavour, yum!

      Delete