Friday, March 29, 2013

Librarian Chic

I felt very much like I robbed Emma Pillsbury's wardrobe in this outfit.  Which is very fitting since Glee's guidance counselor was just featured in this week's Style Crush.  The funny thing is, I wore this outfit a couple of weeks ago when we had that warm weekend before I even thought of Emma as a Style Crush.  Then I picked her and this outfit just so happened to be the next one to post.  How serendipitous!




You may be thinking that this looks like a new location.  Well, it is!  My usual backdrop was otherwise occupied, so I went to Middlecreek Wildlife Reserve to take photos.  This was also the first day I got to break out the Nikon my dad gave to me for my birthday.



I must say, it was much more awkward taking photos here of myself than at any other location I've experienced thus far.  Middlecreek is a place where you can view the local wildlife, go hiking, take dogs walking, or ride your horse.  So there I pull up all dressed up in heels with a camera and tripod whilst everyone else is in active gear.




Thankfully I found a little hiking path and hobbled my way around.  They have wooden planks laid on the trail so when it's rained the trail doesn't get horribly muddy.  It definitely helped me out.  I did end up being passed by a couple different families whilst taking photos.  I just sort of smiled at them and then avoided eye contact.


A gorgeous gathering of swans.  There were loads of people lined up along the road taking photos of these lovely creatures.  I'm not really a bird person, but they did look beautiful.




 Outfit Details:
vintage blouse, vintage skirt, belt {thrifted}
vintage handbag {gift}
wedge sandals {payless}

I probably won't take photos here again unless necessary or I have someone taking them for me.  It was nice and beautiful but far too crowded and farther away than Conrad Weiser Homestead.  I missed the beautiful stone structures and my usual spots.  Though a little change never hurt anyone.  I'd like a little more variety in backdrops but I don't want to have to drive all over.  So, for now, I'll stick with ol' faithful.



Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a peek!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's another thrifting find! I get 99% of my wardrobe at thrift shops and such. I can't stand paying full price for anything.

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, such a cutie and gorgeous top!
    You're such a lovely girl with so many gorgeous outfits!
    Inspiring! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! That's such a sweet compliment!

      Delete