Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Week According to Instagram/100th Post!

Wow!  Can you believe that this is my 100th post?!  Soon enough it will be the blog's one year anniversary.

Monday I volunteered at the library for a few hours.  It was nice to hang out with the lovely ladies there and of course where all the books live!  If I could, I would probably live in the library, that's how much I love books and their stories.  That's also probably why I turned my spare bedroom into a library.  Who needs a spare bedroom anyway?  I spent my time there putting away the DVDs (the actual discs are kept behind the counter) and stocking them plus the books/magazines throughout the library.  It doesn't sound like it would take one long, but after the holiday weekend there was a lot to put away.  Doing this totally fed into my slightly OCD organization skills.

Thursday night I went to the library's crochet club.  You can also knit there, but they like a good alliteration like I do.  The librarian taught me a few basic crochet steps as I've never done it before.  It was really fun and something I wanted to learn for quite awhile.  I'd like to learn to knit also, but they suggested crochet first as it was a little simpler.  I can't wait to get it down so I can start making all sorts of things.  Right now I'm working on a scarf, but that seems a bit silly during springtime.

1. So excited for The Nerdist to be a weekly series!
2-4. Easter Sunday pastels.

5. He is Risen.
6. A sweet old Easter Greeting card.
7. Last week's Instagram post.
8. Fred and George Weasley! Fittingly their birthday was April Fools.

9. I love this little man so much.
10. This calendar has incredible pictures.
11. Norman Reedus looking his usual sexy in The Notorious Bettie Page.
12. Antique table, free from the side of the road!

13. Vintage perfume bottles upon said table.
14. A sweet old photograph of a beautiful girl on my desk.
15. Seeking makeup help for dark eye circles.
16. Thursday's outfit.

17. Took outfit photos. Soon to be on the blog.
18. Incredible stack of old crochet, knitting, sewing, and embroidery booklets.
19. Why yes, yes I am.
20. Doctor Who Wedding? Geronimo!

21. Caffeine fix for watching my 5 year old nephew.
22. Gorgeous peacock at Saturday night's restaurant.
23. Did someone say Lucy? Today's outfit laid out.
24. Watched a great documentary about King George VI.

Yesterday I watched my nephew and then we all went out to dinner at Kauffman's Chicken (or the Chicken House as Evan calls it).  We had a yummy dinner and then tasty ice cream for dessert.  I got to see the beautiful peacock that lives there and then go home and see the beautiful Time Lord that came on the telly.

Today is the usual church and then mum's.  We will probably take the dogs for a walk since it's going to be lovely out again.  Then MAD MEN!  I'm so excited for the return tonight.  Especially since (thank to Watchathon Week) I'm for once caught up for the new season.

Did you do anything special to celebrate the warm weather?  Have a glorious day!  And thanks to those who have been reading and enjoying!


No comments:

Post a Comment