Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'll Never Let Go

This post is coming to you early on account that I'll be at World War II Weekend tomorrow and won't have time to post except via Instagram.  So if you don't follow me on there, be sure to add me.  My username is _vintage_vixen_





I'm now onto mid-April for my backlogged photos.  This was the outfit I wore on the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  It's not exactly period specific, as I don't have anything really 1912-ish.  It's more so inspired by and a nod towards that era.




This outfit is centered around the Le Cœur de la Mer or, the Heart of the Ocean.  My mum got it for me as a gift back in 1997 when Titanic the film was all the rage.  We went to a Titanic themed tea party where we got to dress up, wear big hats, and drink tea.  It was really enjoyable.




Outfit Details:
vintage skirt, vintage shoes, vintage hat, vintage earrings, belt {thrifted}
Titanic necklace, vintage jacket {gifts}
backseam stockings {eBay}
camisole, jumper {boscov's}

I would love to go to another themed event like that.  Well, obviously apart from WWII Weekend.  That's the only local vintage event but I love getting all dolled up for a specific reason.  There should be more themed parties or events around here.

I'll never let go of my love for the beautifully tragic Titanic.  I ended up seeing it 11 times in cinemas when it first came out and then even saw it again when they re-released it in 3D.  It was the film that brought Leo into my life and the lives of thousands of other young girls.


1 comment: