Monday, July 8, 2013

Red and Yellow

Huzzah!  At last another outfit post...  I'm back (hopefully, just need to get into the routine again) and better than ever!  I was in a bit of a mood a few weeks back and that added to my not wanting to blog.  But now that mood has passed and I'm happier than I've been in awhile.




I spent most of this weekend with R, as I did last weekend.  He really is quite the upgrade from J.  Saturday he came with my family to my brother's house for a lovely cookout.  Then we spent the rest of the evening relaxing and watching Django Unchained.




Sunday R and I had an early morning as his band was leading worship at Camp Swatara's church.  It was my first time getting to hear him play an instrument and sing and it was quite nice.  He has a very good voice.  I can't wait for him to give me guitar lessons.




After church we had lunch at the camp and then headed to Conrad Weiser Homestead for a concert honouring veteran's and different important songs were played that spanned the years.  R was there to take pictures; he's quite the photographer.  I could only stay for a half hour or so before I had to leave for another thing I had planned for yesterday.




Outfit Details:
vintage dress, jewellery {grandmother}
vintage hat, shoes {gift}
gloves, handbag, belt {thrifted}
backseam stockings {eBay}

After I left the concert I met up with a lady that works at the library where I volunteer at.  She took me to Shupp's Grove for a bit of antiquing.  Unfortunately since we got there so late in the afternoon (combined with the horrid heat), a lot of the vendors were already packed away for the day.

I did manage to get two lovely white vintage summer dresses, a bunch of vintage 1940s-1950s patterns, and two True Story magazines from the 1920s.  So I made out quite well considering.  I can't wait to go back with Cathy again when we actually get there at a more proper time.  We talked about making a whole Saturday out of antiquing in that area since there's lots of different spots around the location.  It should be great fun.  I'm very lucky and blessed to have all these new blossoming relationships in my life...

How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. As gorgeous as ever: the red complements your hair beautifully. Your stockings are just as they always are - perfect seams! And the hat - wow! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh missy aren't you stunning! Red and yellow are a difficult combination but you worked it really well! I love that dress!!

    ReplyDelete