Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Past (Two) Week(s) According to Instagram

Another busy two weeks have passed by in a blur!

Last Saturday I went to Blue Marsh Lake and did a vintage swimsuit shoot with Jacob Mast, whom I met at Reading's air show.  He was sweet enough to drive up from DC to meet me and take some fabulous shots.  I haven't seen all of them yet, but I've seen a few shots here and there that make me quite excited.  I wore my two 1940s swimsuits that belonged to my grandmother as well as a 1950s and a 1960s thrifted suits.

Then on Sunday my friend took me to see his cousins perform in Legally Blonde the Musical.  It was a lot of fun and really well done.  His cousins were fantastic.  Gotta love theatre geeks.  I even wore a pink 1960s dress in honour of the event, which of course I forgot to take a photograph in.

1. The last Instagram post.
2. Trying to get inspiration for my vintage swimsuit shoot.
3. My grandma's vintage brooch- one of my favourites.
4. Made the latest issue of Dames, Planes, and Automobiles! Available here.

5. My four beautiful vintage swimsuits spanning from 1940s-1960s.
6. Hair, check. Makeup, check. Off to the shoot!
7. Striped fun in my grandma's 40s suit.
8. Some of the props I brought to the shoot.

9. 60s glam in Jackie O inspired sunnies.
10-11. Playing in the water in my other 40s suit that belonged to my grandma.
12. A teaser from the photographer in my 50s suit.

13. Tom Hardy was this week's Style Crush.
14. A lovely lace blue number.
15. Phoenix shirt. Gotta love X-Men.
16. Bilbo and Iron Man pens make doing work a bit nicer.

17. Today's outfit for church. I've since taken the hat off due to the rain.
18. Friday's outfit post.

This weekend I wasn't feel super great so I spent it being lazy with some mates.  So that will be how I'm spending the rest of my day today.

Hope you all had a good weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment